October 3, 2009

If you haven't seen my boobs yet...


As you may know, I'm pro breastfeeding. Remember my song? Well, today I took BABY to the Toronto Breastfeeding Challenge. It's actually an event that takes place in a bunch of cities across Canada and the United States. Each city competes to set the record for the most babies breastfeeding at one time. Last year Toronto placed sixth out of 362 participating sites.

The event was put on by Toronto Public Health with the participation and support of other companies and organizations - including the La Leache League and Chinese / Vietnamese Breastfeeding Network. There were a number of companies that showed their support through sponsorship and giveaways.

BABY and I had a good time meeting the other mommies and daddies at the event. It was a great sense of community being with all of those pro-breastfeeding families. We watched the evymama fashion show, won a little gift certificate as a door prize, and stayed for a seminar on infant massage. (There were also other seminars on baby food, baby signing, baby wearing, but I couldn't do it all).

And, I was interviewed for a local newstalk radio station CFRB 1010. For some reason I couldn't load the audio clip that was on their website, so have no idea was I in the report or editted out of it. Click here, and maybe you will have better luck. Since my pictures didn't turn out too well, a better bet would be to check out the Toronto Sun pictures.

A fun day and definitely worth going. Hopefully we'll be there year.

~ humps

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Distributed by Deluxe Templates