September 7, 2009

Thank You


This started as a comment response to my 99 Problems post but became so long that I had to turn it into a blog entry. :)

I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who commented. I received a great amount of advice and support, that made me laugh and cry. It astonishes me whenever someone takes the time to click on 'Comment' and write to me. Honestly. I'm so happy that you found my small little space in this crazy thing that we call the Internet. I'm really, really lucky.

Writing this post and reading the comments has become therapy for me. The first step in a lot of steps that I needed to make. I'm not sure if I'm the only one to do this but I have seen myself completely ignore the situation - because talking about it, and writing about it on this blog would make it that much more real. It would be something that I wouldn't be able to ignore. It would be concrete. I know that once I do that it, I won't be able to go back to what it was.

So I didn't. And for a long time that was working for me. It's sort of like getting a bill in the mail. And if you wait a day or two before opening it, you can - just maybe - pretend it doesn't exist.

But I've left with this HUGE elephant in the room. It's ridiculous actually.

I'm not sure if much is going to change here. I will still share the crazy things that I am thinking and feeling while I watch my adorable bab girl grow. But I know how that this space can be an outlet for more of the things that I am feeling. No one's perfect. Neither are we.

Thanks again,
humps.... but you can call me Jenine

4 comments:

Unknown on 11:55:00 AM said...

Awwwwwwwww! Hey, there! I was actually just about to call you!!! I am so thankful that you have this blog. It's a place for you to say whatever you feel.

BTW, your last comment on my most recent post made me CRY!!! I remember going through all the stuff I was going through a year ago...and you were so awesome and sweet. You were one of the people who kept me going through all the complications/bed rest during my pregnancy. When you came in to visit me in the hospital and then visit when the baby was born, it just really, really touched me. Love ya lots, Humps!! xoxo

Tatiana on 9:34:00 PM said...

This is such a great post. I have been so happy to know you, even anonymously, and now to know your name? AWESOME. Genuinely feels like a hug through the internet.

I've experienced some dark times too as a mother. Please don't be afraid to write about them if you need to.

humpsNbump on 11:39:00 AM said...

Thanks so much to both of you. :)

Unknown on 11:57:00 PM said...

Big hugs for you and Baby! You are the best! Really. You are! xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Distributed by Deluxe Templates