May 22, 2009

Baby's Photo Shoot


When I look at our daughter I wish I could stop time. She will be one month old in a few days and she is already growing too fast! Not only do I admit to watching her sleep – imagining her at 6 months, 1 year, 6 years, 16 – I also take the little spare time when she is asleep to pour over pictures and video. Pictures are the closest thing to stopping time.

Two weeks ago, for Mother’s Day weekend, we had a photographer take Baby’s first professional pictures. She was just over two weeks ago, and it was the best possible way for me to celebrate being a mom. I was also so fortunate to be able to share the experience with my mom and my grandmother. We took the opportunity to have a picture taken with four generations of women – my daughter, myself, her grandmother and her great-grandmother.

Malinda at Studio DPI made the photo shoot experience so relaxed, easy going and comfortable for us. She stayed at our house for over two hours, to capture of a variety of shots. Her experience working with newborns really paid off. She knew when to rest, try something new and when to take a little break for cuddles. (When Baby peed on me I didn’t feel like THAT MUCH of an idiot). It was a pleasure working with someone who was so patient, creative, passionate and talented.

I had a chance to get to know Malinda through our blogs months before Baby came to us. I encourage you to check out her website and blog.

My advice for people looking to take professional pictures of your newborn:
1. Style: Get to know your photographer’s style and personality beforehand by looking at his/her portfolio and talking with one another. A good rapport helps!
2. Experience: Ask if the photographer has worked with newborns before. You will likely have a more positive experience on the day of and more variety in the shots.
3. Comfort: Consider an on location shoot at your home for very young babies. You may feel more comfortable in familiar surroundings. And you also don’t have to lug the little one across town!!
4. Timing: I was very lucky to have a photographer who was very flexible in scheduling the photo shoot. Since you never know when the baby will arrive, we held off on confirming a date and time until she was born.

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from the shoot.







11 comments:

Jinxy on 4:02:00 PM said...

What a beautiful set of photos.

Anonymous said...

Aww how adorable! You both are so photogenic :)

Margie said...

These are fantastic! Malinda did such a great job. Congratulations on the lovely addition to your family.

Tatiana @ averygoodyear on 3:53:00 PM said...

Absolutely stunning. You're both gorgeous and these photos are just so, so special. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown on 8:14:00 PM said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I LOVE those photos! You and your adorable little one are gorgeous!

"When I look at our daughter I wish I could stop time." I know exactly how you feel! That's how I feel about my little one!!

Hope to touch base with you soon! XO

Kara on 10:00:00 PM said...

Don't feel bad, my son peed at his photo shoot too, and slipped and fell in it. :( You both look so beautiful- happy one monthiversary!

Tara aka The Young Mommy on 8:56:00 PM said...

Beautiful pics! Do you think she looks more like you or her dad? I know it's early, but I think she looks like you! How wonderful! :)

humpsNbump on 12:12:00 AM said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! It was a great experience that I would recommend to all mommies and daddies. I love looking at these pictures.

~ humps

humpsNbump on 12:13:00 AM said...

Kara - I am still laughing at your comment. I can't believe you fell it in!! LOL :P.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

~ humps

humpsNbump on 12:21:00 AM said...

Tara - Does baby look like me or her dad? That's a great question. TO be honest I think she looks like both of us in her way. When she was born she looked so much like my baby pictures. Now she was more of daddy's features.

I'll have to post some of our baby pictures and let you guys be the judge.

~ humps

Home exchange on 11:41:00 AM said...

Aw these photos are just so darn cute!! She's gorgeous. Really gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Distributed by Deluxe Templates