April 20, 2009

Lullaby


It’s Monday and we are now two days overdue. While it’s a shame that we haven’t had a chance to meet the baby yet, I don’t want to rush the time away. The little one will get here when he / she is suppose to. So now, I’ve got some time on my hands…

Our condo building has great amenities. While I’m on mat leave, waiting for the little one to arrive, I’m taking advantage of it. Earlier today, spent some time doing laps at the pool and hung out in the “library” browsing through a stack of magazines.

As I was sitting there in a comfy leather chairs by myself, I started talking to the baby. I thought – with the great acoustics in the room – that I should start practicing some lullabies. The problem is, I don’t know the words to any lullabies.

My first attempt sounded something like this:

Hush little baby don’t say a word
Mamma’s gonna buy you a mocking bird
And if that mocking bird don’t sing
Mamma’s gonna buy you a diamond ring
And if that diamond ring don’t shine….
… don’t shine… umm..
Mamma’s gonna buy herself a bottle of wine
And if that bottle of wine tastes funny
It’s too bad ‘cus mamma’s out of money.


I’ll have to brush up on my lullabies before the baby gets here. :(

~ humps

8 comments:

tracylynne on 12:15:00 PM said...

Glad to hear that you are still feeling okay!!

Unknown on 9:19:00 PM said...

I was just about to text you! :) Although you are probably anxious and excited for the baby to arrive, you're right about not wanting to rush time away. I really wish I were able to hang onto having the baby in me for longer. I was just getting used to feeling her move inside me. This said, when your little one arrives, it'll be so exciting and the experience will be beyond compare.

I can't wait to hear from you (although, we all understand if you're in the hospital and not texting, tweeting, blogging, e-mailing, etc)!!

We'll be in TO in a month and a half since Little One has an appointment at Sick Kids.

TTYS! Thinking of you guys! XO

Ms. Core on 4:35:00 PM said...

hi there- checked your site just to see if you had delivered and looks like you back to the blog world. Will be thinking about you and sending you good labor vibes...

Anonymous said...

I never can remember those words....I always repeat the first 3 lines over and over! Like you blog a lot! Just found it!

Myg on 4:57:00 PM said...

Ha! Excellent redux of the mocking bird song. Good luck - these are exciting times and are about to turn even more excitinger. You know what I mean. Or, you will!

Tatiana @ averygoodyear.net on 6:08:00 PM said...

Oh Goddddd, I'm dying over the no update here, no update on Twitter thing!

Damselfly on 11:43:00 PM said...

Homemade lullabies are the best.

I see on Twitter you're in labor. Hope it goes great!

Love your new blog look too.

Unknown on 10:24:00 PM said...

YAY! I see on Twitter that you were in labor! We're all anxiously waiting to hear the delivery news! :) Thinking of you and sending you lots of positive labor vibes!

I won't text you since you're most likely in the hospital right now. I was a bad girl and had my cell on so I could talk to Hubby! Thank goodness though! Otherwise he would have missed the delivery! xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Distributed by Deluxe Templates