April 6, 2009

First Day of Mat Leave


Today was the first day of my maternity leave. And because I have a special relationship with the big guy above, it was also the best possible day to stay home from work; a nice little April snow storm in Toronto. Yeah I know… snow!

So I woke up in the morning and ate breakfast, looking out the window at the snow globe outside of the condo window, watching the city beginning its week, hearing the groaning from commuters near and far, and feeling really damn good that I didn’t have to go anywhere. The errands that I had, the list that I created to get me through this week was easily slipped back into the purse. I’ll get to that stuff tomorrow.

Instead of getting dressed and hitting the road, I took a more leisurely approach to the day – full of domestic activities – cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, doing laundry, organizing more of the baby clothes. I also watched daytime television, spent some time online looking for a photographer for the baby’s first pictures, tried to catch up on my fav mommy blogs.

Day 1 of maternity leave down.

4 comments:

Malinda on 10:01:00 AM said...

okay I'm going to pick your brain if that's okay on how the research for a photographer is going....

You tweeted that you're looking for inexpensive... how much is too much? And what are you hoping to get out of the package. Still hoping to get some pregnancy shots in before baby arrives?

When do you want to get these first photos? Within the first 10 days home with baby?

Do you want a studio session or would you love someone to come to your home?

The snow is just miserable up here in Orillia and Barrie... still snowing even today! So great that you have this time for yourself to wind down from work and relax before baby arrives.

Hope to hear your thoughts on photography soon. You can post a comment on my blog or email me at malinda@studiodpi.com

Cheers,
Malinda :-)

Shannon on 2:55:00 PM said...

Congrats on your soon to be! I just came across your blog. Enjoy your time off before baby arrives!

humpsNbump on 6:07:00 PM said...

Malinda -

Thanks so much for your comment and questions on the photographer search. Happy to share how its all going. This is the first time that I'm looking at prices for professional photography so admittedly, my expectations were a bit unrealistic at first. I'll write more about it on my book and maybe do a post once I figure it all out.

~ humps

humpsNbump on 6:08:00 PM said...

Shannon -

Thanks so much for checking out the blog. Welcome!

~ humps

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com Distributed by Deluxe Templates